Saturday, December 06, 2008

The 10 worst Christmas songs of all time

My family helped me compose this list. You have to admit, these songs are annoying.

10. All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth
I'm not even sure that's correct grammar. And it's not cute. It's obnoxious.

9. It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
Not only is hard to sing, but the piercing high notes hurt my ear drums.

8. This Christmas
Every year, my dad pulls out this ancient "Jazzy Wonderland" CD with this song on it. Sort of makes me want to barf.

7. Christmas in the Northwest
There's no such thing as Christmas in the Northwest, sweetie.

6. My Grown-Up Christmas List
This song has been redone a billion times, too, to "My Grown-Up Christmas Prayer" and "My Prayer For All the World".
World peace? That's a pretty tall order for the man in Red.

5. Christmas Time Is Here
It was bad enough when the Peanuts did it in their annoying falsetto voices. And then Leigh Nash had to ruin it with her terrible wannabe-country voice. And it's creepy.

4. The Christmas Shoes
The little boy wants to buy some shoes for his momma! She's sick and he wants her to look pretty when she meets Jesus in heaven.
It sounds like one of those forwarded stories on the internet. Why oh why would I want to sing this in church?

3. What Child is This?
It's was originally called "Greensleeves" and had nothing to do with the baby Jesus until someone changed the lyrics.

2. Mary, Did You Know?
OF COURSE SHE KNEW!! What a stupid question. Not even Clay Aiken can save this one.

And now, the worst Christmas song of all time....
.....
.....
.....
.....
1. The Little Drummer Boy
It's not touching, it's annoying. Make it stop. Parump-pa-pa-pum.

No comments: