Thursday, April 16, 2009

Where are those cliches when I need them?

Why is Jamie Lee Curtis at my library? WHY?
"Outliers" sounds like a cool book.
There is no such thing as an overnight success.
Which we knew. But we needed Malcolm Gladwell to put it into words.
Isn't it cool when you meet a fictional character who could very well be your soulmate?
Okay, that makes me sound creepy and pathetic.
But I don't mean romantic soulmate.
I mean, they say something profound, or maybe just mundane, and you go, "EXACTLY! How did you know how I felt? You're not even real!!!!"
And then, if you're me, you determine their personality type and discover it's the same as yours.
Yes. It's true. I'm sorry.
But Hope McNeill could be my soulmate.
The pugs! Ugg boots! New York! Telling our moms everything!
It makes sense.
"The Dead Poet's Society" was overrated.
To be blunt: I hated it.
Someone was going to kill themselves. Or at least, I knew someone was going to die. As was proved when, right before watching the movie, some girl protested, "I can't watch this movie. It's SOOOOOOOO sad."
Hm. I wonder what that means?
And it's a group of teenage boys. And they're horny. And they're studying poetry religiously.
One of them is going to die.
But why did it have to be Neil???
I didn't like Neil!!!
It was really sad. REALLY sad. I mean, he felt like he had no other option, and the only place he felt free was on the stage, but even that had been taken away from him.
So he blew his brains out.
And it was disturbing. Kevin laughed and all that crying girls refused to speak to him all day.
But I cried more over Angel, and I knew that was coming.
I cried more over Arvid, and that movie was terrible.
And the ending. :P Whatever.
We wanted closure!!

No comments: