Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Judy Garland dances funny.

But she doesn't care.
We watched "In the Good Ol' Summertime" last night.
Little Liza Minelli made her bigscreen debut at the end of the movie.
So cute.
Ugh, stupid Mr. Oberkugen. What a jerk.
He and Nellie had been "courting" for like 20 years.
20 YEARS!!!
That's ridiculous. They were both old, and he hadn't proposed yet!!!
So he's essentially been leading her on all this time.
She decides he's being an unfair jerk (which he is) about many things, so casually mentions that she has a date for that evening.
With another man.
And he gets all mad and jealous and decides to keep EVERYONE after work because his woman is acting up.
Even though she's not his. I mean, being a guy and all, and it being the 1930's, you would think he'd know that he was supposed to initiate some kind of official "relationship".
So he pouts about it for hours and hours, until she comes in, and he's all, "I'm not worthy of you. I obviously don't deserve you. I was just hoping that one day you'd love me," and she has to stroke his ego (among other things) in order to get him to send his employees home and convince him to take part in a committed relationship.
Ugh. Just so stupid.
Sorry. It just really bugged me.
Woo, so I just failed the science WASL.
Good thing I don't need it to graduate.

No comments: