Wednesday, October 22, 2008

What is the meaning of life?: Melancholics at their best

Wednesdays are the new Mondays.
Or maybe today was an exceptionally bad one.
Because, on most days, I tend not to get into catfights with other girls.
And my guy friends usually have their head on straight and know that "horrendous insult" is not synonomous with "friendship" and "sharing your feelings".
To top it all off, some guys PURPOSEFULLY blocked my way in the hall and thought it was pretty freaking fantastically hilarious, which might have been merely "annoying" on some days, but was catastrophic today.
I'm pretty sure I punched one of them, but I can't remember.
And it was going pretty well up until lunchtime.
So thanks, to my former friend.
And I actually felt BAD about yelling at that girl.
She might be ANNOYING and SEMI-IDIOTIC and what not, but really? She's never DONE anything to me, and I felt HORRIBLE after our "fight". Really awful.
Really, guys are SOOOO good at ticking me off. They're PROS at it.
They're pretty lame, especially in high school.
I mean, they're so SHALLOW. They're "best friends" with certain girls (okay, yeah, this is me we're talking about), but only "like like" the "pretty" (read: slutty) girls, and are completely lame about overweight girls (*cough cough* double standard*).
So girls like me whine about the guys we like NEVER LIKE US (which is...pretty true) and how about no guy will EVER LOVE US. Then some guy comes along and DOES like us, but he's nerdy or weird or we just don't like him, so he "doesn't count".
So really, girls are just as bad as guys, which means people, in general, SUCK.
Why is it that guys think it's cute when girls act stupid?
Really?
Why is that attractive?
I wouldn't want the person I'm dating to be an idiot, or to dumb themselves down in any way.
I suppose it makes guys feel superior or something. "Sweet, she has an IQ of 5 and I have an IQ of 6!! I'm wearing the pants in this relationship!"
Apparently the criteria for a girlfriend is someone who's "pretty" and "stupid" with big boobs.
And why is it that girls who actually HAVE boyfriends flirt with everything on two legs with a penis?
You have a guy who likes you, you moron. Leave some for the rest of us.
And the weird thing is: GUYS LIKE THAT.
Yaaaay, the sluttier you are, the better.
Hurray for the need for attention and inattentive fathers (since that's the excuse always give for this behavior).
How do dating relationships even come to be? One person likes another person, and that person is so flattered by the attention that they feel the need to have this poor sucker stroke their ego every day by holding hands with them in the hallway.
Seriously, asexuality MAKES SENSE!
Because either you're dealing with girls, who ACT stupid, or you're dealing with guys, who ARE stupid.
Hope you enjoy that round of venting from your [least] favorite nerdy freak.

2 comments:

Matt Wilson said...

how incredibly insightfull...

Lauren said...

Why thank you. Your sarcasm is so greatly appreciated.