Friday, August 14, 2009

Down with Joe! We want Steve!

"Paris, Je T'aime" is good every time.
My mom and I watched Jayden and Natalie for a couple hours so Natalie could go shopping. It was pretty funy. Jayden is really smart, and copies everything you say. We watched "Blue's Clues" today, and I really miss it. It was good to see an old-school episode with Steve, rather than creepy creepster Joe, who ruined the show with his celebrity guest stars and blue and orange color combo.
Jayden agrees.
Then we played with Maddie and watched "Oliver and Company" while eating Bunny Crackers.
So. Friday night.
Instead of going to the youth group BBQ, I'm sitting at home.
I blame Sierra.
Sort of.
She said she didn't feel like going, and I don't blame her, cuz I've only felt that way myself a billion times.
But still. I was sort of pumped until all my friends bailed.
There are still the very defined "groups" in youth group.
And since mine would be nonexistent for this event, I didn't feel like going and trying to join another one.
Not like they're cliquey and would turn their back.
But, because I'm a socially awkward failure, I would feel complete awkward and stupid and moronic for sort of forcing people to hang out with me because I had no one.
And I'd feel BEYOND stupid if someone took pity on me and decided to hang out with me then.
Yeah. Definite ego booster, that.
But I still feel like I'm missing out.
Ugh. It's been bugging me since Wednesday, when I found I didn't have a ride in the first place.
So I've been feeling sorry for myself since then.
But that's not a new occurrence or anything.
SARK is the coolest! Her book on writing was actually helpful and, dare I say it, inspiring! And it was funny to read it and have the overall tone be, "Yeah, so I write in gigantic color markers all over the page. SO WHAT?"
Very cool.
"House of Leaves" is actually doing a good job at freaking me out.
"Stick it" was pretty funny.
Good books and movies all around.

No comments: