Friday, November 28, 2008

Another metaphor gone horribly wrong

Yes, the Eye of Sauron was actually an EYE, but it was also a metaphor of his supreme evil omnipotence.
Sauron himself was NOT a giant ball of flame. Why would you want to pair yourself up with an overlarge body part? And how does an eye control the minds of Orcs and wizards alike? Doesn't make sense.
Curse you, Peter Jackson.
No wonder they wouldn't let you make "The Hobbit".
You'll see...or you'll pack!
My Thanksgiving wasn't bad. The turkey was great and there was much whipped cream. My great-uncle made a ginormous peanut butter pie, but wouldn't eat any.
My siblings and I are always going to be responsible for child care, which sucks, but whatever.
It's not like I don't like taking care of my cousins; it just seems unfair that none of the other older cousins have had this same responsibility. And now the great-grandkids are coming in droves and we'll probably have to take care of them, too.
It'll be like a little baby menagerie.
Actually, so far, there's only one great-grandkid, and we never see him.
William Sleator, I despise thee.
Award-winning author, my foot.

No comments: