Monday, September 07, 2009

Like chocolate cake, only BETTER!

A bunch of my friends took the Big Five Personality Test.
It was exciting. Four new profiles all to myself!
I spent a long time looking and comparing.
Kevin's profile is spot on, but they pegged him as an ISFJ. Pfft, not hardly.
I don't know. Whenever people start exploring the different aspects of their personality, I find it COMPLETELY FASCINATING. Every time someone takes a test I get a little giddy. Looking at someone else's profile is like starting a new book.
Conclusion: I'm a nerd.
This is what I still don't get: how is KEVIN a more likely candidate for early childhood education than I am? He HATES kids!!
And my #1 was GRAPHIC DESIGN. WTF. I HATE ART AND ANYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH 'VISUALIZING'.
I told my dad, and he was like, "Well, you'd be good at it."
"I don't care, Dad. I hate it."
"Well, but you definitely have some artistic characteristics."
Like what, intense mood swings and utter nerdiness.
The same thing happened a couple nights ago, when I said something and he listened to part of what I said, but not why I said it. Or he listened to the wrong part.
When I want to grow up, I said, I want to BE a french horn.
Not PLAY a french horn. BE one.
And he was like, "Oh, yeah, I think you'd be good at French horn! It's a difficult instrument, to be sure, but you're talented...yeah, I think you'd be great!"
No, Dad. No.
But he's been asking questions and actually trying to understand me lately, and it must be that time of the month again, because the very thought brings sentimental tears to my eyes.
Speaking of sentimental tears, I love "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" SO MUCH. Stephen Chbosky is the man. Every time I read it, I want to hug Charlie. And then, I realized something I hadn't gotten last time, and it made me feel TERRIBLE for him. And yet he got through it and loved his "tormentor" or whatever. It was still sad.
But one day I'm going to go driving with my friends and we're going to listen to The Smiths and I can bet we'll feel infinite.
I finished "Love, Stargirl", too, and it was SO much better than "Stargirl".
Stargirl actually seemed real. It was amazing. It was one of those books where you felt like crying, not because it was sad, but because it was so spectacularly amazing, but you didn't cry because the warm fuzzies you got from reading the book have made you too happy.
:) I feel like being sappy right now. It's been a good day, full of chocolate cake, reading, family bonding, Freddie Mercury, and dad time.
"The Show Must Go On" is seriously the greatest song ever written.
Just like hyperbole is the best thing EVER.
But really. I listen to it a lot and feel depressed, but also happy because I love the song.
I've been listening to "Mr. Brightside" a lot, too. It makes me happy every time I listen to it. Seriously, I can't help but smile.
And "Stars" from "Les Miserables". Javert might be a rule-following psycho, but for that one song he becomes my favorite character. And then darn Valjean has to sing again, so I get distracted. But it's so simple.
Rambling rambling rambling.
It just seems good right now.
I'm going to help with the little kids' Sunday School, because I missed it after my parents stopped teaching it.
What, they need helpers?
Sorry, youth band.
Apparently Steve will feel guilty for years and years if I don't join.
I was thinking about it.
But why spend time with cocky junior high boys who try to sing low and like to jump over tables (don't ask) when I could be taking Ethan on missions to find his family or petting multiple "puppies"?
I'm going to bed in a REALLY good mood. That means tomorrow will either be a really good day or a really bad one.
Oh, and I was wrong about my history teacher. But we'll see how that class goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I definitely agree about "Love, Stargirl." I did cry, as a matter of fact, because it was so excellent.

<3 your blog.