Saturday, March 21, 2009

For some reason, they always target the band geeks....

I hate band contest. Really. They always give us the earliest possible time slot, we just happen to sound terrible, and while practicing, people decide to add an extra shot of annoying to the morning latte.
But, even with the lack of sleep and idiots who were convinced that we were performing at the junior high, not the high school, none of put me in a super bad mood.
Okay, it annoyed the bloody hell out of me, but it only put me in sort of a bad mood.
Then my pseudo boyfriend decided he'd rather hang out with his cute timpani playing sort-of-slutty "friend" than me.
And has either forgotten or doesn't feel the need to speak to me since Thursday afternoon.
Seriously, one day it's all good. We hung out like usual, talking, nothing special, and then by 6:30, concert time, I'm invisible.
Because our little friend needed help "tuning the timpanis".
And it SUCKS, because I'm pissed and feeling used and have spent pretty much all day moping, but he's NOT MY BOYFRIEND. Sure, I like this guy, he's one of my best friends, but we're not officially "dating", so if I tell the little tone-deaf slut to back off, I'm just a jealous loser who obviously took things the wrong way.
For approximately 6 months, anyway.
Yep. I'm that bad at reading boy signals, apparently.
And he's not exactly telling her to back off. He loves the attention, I can tell.
It makes me SO MAD, because it's not like she's so much better than me.
Sure, she's cute, and sort of musical, but she's annoying and dumbs herself down so much that she's borderline retarded.
I have never dumbed myself down in my whole freaking life and know what a frigging key signature is.
But she's got more to offer.
And, come Monday, all this moping will have been for nothing. Oh, that was just a misunderstanding, he really likes me and he didn't know she bugged me (B.S.), but whatever, I'll probably accept his apology because I'm an idiot like that.
Either that, or we're no longer "friends" or whatever we were. We weren't "just friends", but we weren't "dating", and we weren't stupid enough to be "friends with benefits".
Ugh, and I hate the fact that this girl REALLY ISN'T THAT BAD OF A PERSON. I LIKE her. She's not my friend, but she's REALLY nice. Sort of a tease, but NICE! We can talk about politics like nobody's business and be on the same side, and she's been nothing but nice to me.
Except for hitting on the guy I like. And just about every other male in the school.
So it's really confusing to watch her throw herself at him, and then give me a friendly "hello" while I'm putting my trombone together.
Band Contest wasn't even that bad yesterday, the lack of sleep and musical idiots ("Oooooh, that's a B Flat?") notwithstanding. I saw Emily for the first time in like, what, a year? It was really cool to see her because she's so optimistic and always happy and she can put herself into any situation and get along with people. We talked for a little bit and it was the high point of my day, but I probably won't see her again for another year or two.
But then we had to go back to school.
Ugh. At least if I'd tuned those freaking timpanis, they would have actually been in tune. That's supposed to be an E, sweetheart, not an F#.

No comments: