Wednesday, March 25, 2009

You can take the girl out of Hicksville, but you can't take the Hicksville out of the girl

So true.
Better days at school.
My dad thinks I have an eating disorder, though.
Please. It's not like I'm throwing up my breakfast on PURPOSE.
But mixed messages abound. It's getting really annoying.
It sucks to be melancholic and everything, but phlegmatics are just as annoying...in uniquely different ways.
Tyler and I did our England presentation today. Finally. At least it's out of the way. It might not have been 5 minutes, but at least it was 15 minutes like this one group, who stuttered painfully and paused for minutes in between topics.
And we weren't boring.
And we argued during it, which "caught people's attention".
But when we were done, people only had questions about the London Eye, the world's biggest ferris wheel.
Only that. And we couldn't answer them all.
Poor Maricel. She has to do it all by herself.
So we'll help her with the chocolate chip scones. Mmmm...
"They're supposed to be bitter!"
British people eat crappy food.
And don't like Jesus.
RENT! I love Anthony Rapp. Except for his icky goatee.
And Jesse L. Martin. He has a nice goatee.
And Wilson Jermaine Heredia's goatee looks pretty nice. HE is nice.
We're starting a poetry unit in English. It's a lot better than I thought it would be. Edgar A. Guest is totally cheesy and kind of lame, but I love Langston Hughes, Anne Sexton, and Mary Oliver. "Wild Geese" made me cry.
We have to pick a topic, find 5 poems that support that topic, write 2 of our own, and then present them to the class. One of them was "On the Edge", and I don't want to be melodramatic about it, because my poetry tends to be, but there was a poem in "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" that fits the theme perfectly.
That one was sad, too.
The guy who wrote "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" also wrote the screenplay for "Rent".
No wonder I liked that book so much.

No comments: