Saturday, February 07, 2009

ZOMFG PRINCESS DIARIES FAN ART!!!!

Really? Is there really no one else in this world that didn't enjoy "Princess Diaries 10: Forever Princess"?
I mean, it's been a month.
You can't tell me EVERYONE liked it.
But apparently everyone DID.
So much, in fact, thtat they consider it THE BEST ONE IN THE SERIES.
Wow. Weird.
For 99.9% of the female teenage population, this book made them replace Stephenie Meyer with Meg Cabot as the BEST writer of all time!!
Yet for me, it did just the opposite.
I am most likely never going to pick up a Meg Cabot book ever again for as long as I live.
Well, not true. I'll probably reread "The Princess Diaries" series from time to time.
But I'm not really enjoying Meg Cabot's predictable style.
And I'm still bitter for having Mia end up with Michael.
Making J.P. out to be a creepy, self-centered loser was pretty lame and sort of immature.
And, as an expert on all things immature, I would know.
I've been seeing a lot of Princess Diaries fan art with pictures of Mia, Michael, Mia and Michael, and "memorable" quotes from the series.
So I was really bored...
...and used the Candybar 5 doll maker to make a Mia doll.
Yeah, really.
It just kind of bugged me!! They were making pictures of Mia with brown or black hair!!! Mia is blonde (with green streaks, apparently)!! And Michael ended up as a manly, broad-shouldered, stupid-looking jock.
What?? That's not what comes to mind when you think "sarcastic, demanding, selfish, intelligent computer geek".
That's right. I made a Michael doll, too.
And it was sadly the most fun I've had all day.
It was surprisingly hard finding a suitable outfit, though.
But we got there eventually.
Superfans were also making "Princess Diaries" playlists.
Which I scoffed at.
Until I realized I do the exact same thing.
Whatever. They added "Love Story" by Taylor Swift and a LOT of Katy Perry songs.
Geez. Who knew Katy Perry was a Princess Diaries fan?





































































No comments: