Saturday, February 14, 2009

Singles Awareness Day: Why meet people when you can mope?

I didn't mope. Much. Valentine's Day was all right.
And there was MUCH chocolate.
My dad got these Black Forest Truffle squares, I decorated a pink-frosted chocolate cake, we bought Ovaltine powder from Fred Meyer...(mmmmm....XP)...good times.
I'm listening to "Happiness Is A Warm Gun", and it got to the part where Joe Anderson is administered Naked Girl drugs by Salma Hayek...and I have nothing deep to say about that. I was just thinking about it, and how high he manages to sing. Good song.
I'm a Beatles convert. My dad got two giant Beatles anthologies from us for his birthday and they have EVERYTHING: "She Loves You", "Ob-la-di, Ob-la-da", "The Ballad of John and Yoko", "Get Back", "Hey Jude"...and it's all great.
So, yeah, "Magical Mystery Tour" still sucks, but their hundreds of other songs are pretty fantastic.
And it's fun to listen to stuff like "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" and "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" and go, "MAX! LUCY! ACROSS THE UNIVERSE!! NOOOOOOO WAY! SHE CAME IN THROUGH THE BATHROOM WINDOW!"
Gabrielle Zevin is so wonderful. She's so clever and funny and I love how she writes.
Michele Jaffe is a riot. I got first pick from the new stuff in the Teen Section at the library and SCORE! "Kitty Kitty" AND the next book in the Echo Falls series!!!! YESSSS!
Just...everything.
"The Jane Austen Book Club" wasn't that great a book. Maybe I just don't appreciate it enough, but I loved the movie and felt way more for it than I could ever feel for the book, which was sort of confusing and boring and had nothing to do with anything.
Awesome.

No comments: