Monday, July 06, 2009

Glad that's settled...sort of....

Not again.
I might have a friend who's angling for a more-than-friends relationship.
But I'm really not interested.
We were hanging out today, though, and he told me some interesting stuff about his best friend.
The one who led me on for an entire school year.
THAT one.
He wanted to know "what had happened between us", because not a lot of people knew what was going on at the time.
So I told him the basics without going into the whiny, dirty details.
His reply?
"Hm, intesting. That's basically what he said, but he told me you were WAAAAAY more into it than he was."
Excuse me?
That annoyed me a little. Okay, a lot. He'd semi-stalked me for a month before our whole "relationship" debacle began, and did all sorts of creepy boyfriend type things, even though we never officially went out.
Oh yeah, but he wasn't into it.
But it sort of made sense that he would say that, because don't most guys say stuff like that? "Oh yeah, I broke up with her. It just wasn't working. She was way too into it!"
Then he started telling me about all of his ex-girlfriends and how he led on a BUNCH of other girls, including me.
Oh, and one of my best friends, who ALSO liked him at the time.
WTF?? I feel like I've walked into a teen drama.
The whole situation was stupid when it was happening, but this is RIDICULOUS!
And it makes me mad that after everything, I thought, "You know, he made a mistake, but so did I. It just didn't work out, that's all."
But no. It turns out this guy is REALLY a jerk, and he's been hurting girls ON PURPOSE because he's a JERK.
And I'm still FRIENDS with him!
Ugh. I was pretty mad after that.
And my friend, the one telling me all this, was like, "Yeah, he's kind of a dick."
UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE YEAR!!!
So they're still friends, and he's still in my group of friends, but apparently he's been saying stuff about me behind my back (and I haven't exactly refrained from doing the same to him, to be honest...), so this coming school year, I don't exactly think we'll be hanging out.
I just wish my friends didn't like him so much.
Then again, he has sort of changed in the past year, and has been making a big deal about how much more popular/stylish/cool/knowledgable he is compared to the rest of us band kids.
So hopefully he'll decide to just go away.
I'm also mad that he refused to talk to me about it, and I had to figure out what really happened from his best friend months later.
Ugh. Stupid.

No comments: