Sunday, June 21, 2009

Can you blame me for wanting a super monkey?

He's fast! He's strong! He'll pop all your bloons!
School finally let out on Thursday. Classes were only 27 minutes long, but each class was the longest 27 minutes of my life.
And I wore a skirt for the first time in 2 or 3 years. I was girling it up. Flaunting it. All that good stuff.
Then we went to Dairy Queen and I got the crappiest dipped cone I'd ever seen.
It was like a mountain rather than a triumphant curlicue. And not a beautiful mountain. If there is such a thing.
And it tasted like a melancholy cloud.
It would've been poetic if it hadn't been so disgusting.
GROSS!
And the weather has kind of sucked since then. It was like, "Woooo, Summer Break!!!" And yet there are clouds in the sky, it's down to 50 degrees, and it rained today.
Fun.
I hate it here.
But we went to Seattle for the Mariners game, which made me love Washington again.
I know. We have a complicated relationship.
My dad and I sat right behind home plate, and talked about music ("Do you like Candlebox Twenty?" "....") while eating delicious pizza and full-fat ice cream.
Yeah, I'll be honest; I only got to baseball games for the food.
But I managed to pay attention...and we won! So that was nice.
The helmet cups were overrated. It's $7 for a helmet full of ice cream, and you say to yourself, "A whole HELMET? With whipped cream? $7? BRING IT ON!" So you troop over to the ice cream stand and wait in line forever, all while chanting and psyching yourself up for a whole HELMETFUL of ICE CREAM! It's 7-year-old Bill Cosby's dream-come-true. So you get up there and fork over 7 bucks and choose from a grand total of 3 flavors...and then they bring out the helmet.
It's tiny.
It's smaller than the $5 cups they use for ice cream.
It's a rip off.
But it's so darn cute!

No comments: