Monday, June 29, 2009

I'm stepping through the door...

I'm sitting in a tin can, far above the world.
Though I'm past 100,000 miles, I'm feeling very skilled....
David Bowie.
Come on. Surely there's an unabridged version of "Les Miserables" out there somewhere.
My mom got the orginal Broadway cast soundtrack of the musical.
Hm. That sentence sounded suspicious.
Anyway...
I loved the book, until I found out it was abridged, and the music was beautiful.
Javert! Nooooooooooooo!
And Eponine.
Why?
She reminded me of Rebecca from "Ivanhoe" (another book I have yet to read, though my dad seems to be enjoying it).
But when we watched the movie, SHE was the one everyone was rooting for.
SHE was the one who actually DID something, rather than sit around pouting and looking Saxon.
SHE was GORGEOUS. Everytime you saw her, it was like, "Helloooooooo, Olivia Hussey!"
But no. He chooses shallow, petty, fugly Rowena.
Of course.
It just ticked me off.
And Eponine had a way better singing voice.
Josh disagrees with me about "Fiddler on the Roof".
He liked Perchyk, and considered him a "cool guy" who "told it like it was".
I thought he was a manipulative, controlling, selfish jerk who was supposedly so "giving" and didn't do anything for himself while he ruined everyone else's lives to suit his.
Grrr...
Gavroche!!!!!!! Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

No comments: